Tuesday, March 25, 2008

FW Fun at Surplus sales.

Ever since I was young I have loved to atted garage sales. Not so much for all of the dusty records or ugly coutches, but for electronics. And Now I am here at BYU I really enjoy going to BYU Surplus sales, where they have just that. Immagine a garage sale that had nothing but shelfs of Video Switchers, routing switchers, video monitors and beta cam SP decks and recorders. It is an absolute blast.

You dont sound convenced, well then let me explain a bitmore. Your surplus experence starts about 2 hours before the doors ever open, standing in line, to get in. I find my self making small talk with my line neighbors, asking them wht they are looking for and generaly they will say that they are looking for a laptop or some kind of projector. Then they will ask you what you are looking for and If you are like me you will say something vauge because the last thing that someone like you or I wants is someone who is going after the same kind of equipment as we are.

We are at these sales for 2 reasons and 2 reasons alone. Resason #1 The thrill of the hunt, and reason #2 the money. I mean Ever since I have come to BYU almost 3 years ago I have been able to pay for my room and board just by selling Used Equipment on ebay. It is great I reccomend that you come with me this thursday and Experence BYU Surplus sales.

No comments: