Sunday, January 27, 2008

English TA Intros The Power of the SUn

The Power of The sun
Sunlight is one of the most dependable, predictable, not to mention the most powerful sources of energy mankind has ever known. It has for millions of years sent its life giving energy down to us here on earth. The energy of the sun is what allows for weather, and makes photosynthesis possible, the lowest common denominator or lifeblood upon which all terrestrial ecosystems depend on. What if mankind could harness the same power source from which the sun derives its energy? What if there was a way to produce electricity the lifeblood of our lives and economy in a way that created little to no air or water pollution? What would be the effect on the health of American citizens if we understood the benefits of nuclear power?
//End
In this intro I tried to use the funnel method. Starting big and broad and then narrowing it down. I think that I did not effectively narrow down in a linear fashion. My funnel was to broad until it got down to my WATCO which is to narrow. I guess that I was not able to achieve the funnel At best I think that I was able to get sort of a plate shape with a hole in the middle. 

No comments: