Thursday, January 31, 2008

English RT

For this blog I picked to write on Vincent Van go’s “Starry Starry Night.” I picked this because I felt that it applies to large audience. Some background on the painting and Van go the painting was the scene from Van go’s mental institution bedroom. Van go was thought to be bipolar and at the time he lived in they didn’t know much about the dieses. Therefore Van go was thought to be crazy. How this applies to us as the audience and our day and time?
Van go’s painting were very color based, in his paintings the colors blue and yellow mean faith and hope. The painting “Starry Starry Night” is covered in blue in yellow. The other interesting thing about this painting is that it is more sky than earth. This is often to be a sign that Van go was looking to the heavens for guidance’s. I believe that because Van go was truly in a time of despair and trial his emotions were very much on the surfaces and it was easy for him to apply those to his work. I believe that everyone at one point and time has had some trial that was more than they could take and as a result they looked to the heaven for guidance. I know that I when I look at Van go’s work that it brings back all of the times that I have recalled on my heavenly father for times of trials. It tells me that there is still faith and hope in times when we I may not feel that way myself. I feel that if Van go’s “Starry Starry Night” can make me fill this way then it can do the same to any of one else.

No comments: