Monday, February 25, 2008

FW White Salmon English

For History of creativity I had to paint a painting and I decided to write something for this free write that I could turn in with the painting to "explain" myself.

White Salmon City

First and for most. I am an engineering major and this is the first painting that I have painted in my life. This is a picture of the Columbia river gourge in Washington by my house in a little town called White Salmon. This painting took forever! And I am happy with the final product. My wife is so proud of me she wants to hang it up (so please write all of your comments and corrections on this page. thanks)
This painting exhibits renaissance characteristics through the application of several different kinds of perspectives. My favorite form of perspective exhibited in this painting is diminishing perspective and I incorporated it through the gradual fading and graying of the colors layer by layer as you approached the focal point of my one point perspective. My one point perspective is not as obvious as if I had drawn anything man made like a sign or a house or a sidewalk. But if you look closely I painted the entire gourge to a vanishing point the canyon walls on both sides and the river converge on this point. That is my 1 point perspective. I also incorporated overlapping perspective in the trees against trees, trees against the water and the road, and mountains over mountains and clouds over clouds, ect. Overall this project was difficult but a lot of fun, I really learned a lot!
This is to promote the awe inspiring natural beauty of white salmon and its location in the historic Columbia river gourge. There are lots of places to hike boat and sights to see. It is a great place you should come and visit some time 

No comments: